Man shot dead in friend’s home
OKLAHOMA CITY – Police are searching for leads after a man was shot dead in his friend’s home in the 6900 block of S. Shartel early Tuesday morning.
Oklahoma City police are waiting to notify next of kin before releasing the victim’s name.
Suspect information is scarce.
“We’re trying to develop any type of suspect information right now,” Oklahoma City Police Sergeant Jennifer Wardlow said. “At this point we don’t have a suspect named. There have been no arrests made.”
Police shut down the block of S. Shartel surrounding the home for several hours starting at about 2 a.m. Tuesday as detectives conducted their investigation.
Though none would speak on camera, a few neighbors said the house where the victim was found is the loudest and busiest house on the street.
This is Oklahoma City’s third homicide of 2013.
Anyone with information that can help police is asked to call Crimestoppers at (405) 235-7300.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him