Ohio teacher in trouble over duct-taped students
AKRON, Ohio – An Akron, Ohio, public school said a teacher took and posted a picture of her students with duct tape on their mouths.
They said the teacher posted the picture on personal Facebook page as a joke with the caption, “Finally found a way to get them to be quiet!!!”
According to WJW, an official with Akron Public Schools said about eight or nine middle school students put the duct tape on their mouths and the teacher took a picture of them.
A fellow employee noticed the photo and told a supervisor.
Schools’ spokesperson Sarah Hollander said Melissa Cairns, who was a math teacher at Buchtel CLC, has been on leave since Oct. 19, 2012, when the district learned about the posting.
The reported the school board voted to pursue termination Jan. 14.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'