Hypothermic worker rescued from 200-ft-tall tower
GAITHERSBURG, Md.—One man is safely on solid ground after a daring rescue 200 feet in the air.
Authorities say a worker became trapped on the top level of a 200-foot-tall cell phone tower.
Firefighters rushed to scene after the man told them he was unable to get down on his own.
Emergency crews say the man suffered from hypothermia while working in the colder temperatures that high above the ground.
Another worker on the tower was able to secure the man into a harness and get him safely to firefighters below.
It is unknown how long the man was trapped on top of the tower.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts