OSU student dies of drugs, alcohol poisoning
STILLWATER, Okla.—A 22-year-old Oklahoma State University student who was found unresponsive by his roommate died because of drug and alcohol poisoning.
Authorities say David Brumfield’s roommate found him in his room on Oct. 14 and called police.
The next day, he died at the hospital.
The medical examiner determined Brumfield died of anoxic encephalopathy due to alcohol and heroin toxicity.
According to the university, Brumfield was a junior majoring in animal science.
He was also a member of the Sigma Chi fraternity but was not living in the fraternity house.
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- GRAPHIC: Oklahoma man said he found his stolen mule tied to tree, starved to death
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City