Seau’s family sues NFL for wrongful death
FOXBORO, Mass.—The family of Junior Seau has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the National Football League.
The suit claims Seau’s suicide last May was the result of brain disease caused by violent hits he sustained while playing football.
After his death, the 43-year-old was diagnosed with Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy from multiple hits to the head.
The family accuses the NFL of deliberately ignoring and concealing evidence of the risks associated with traumatic brain injuries.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger