Very high allergy alert in Okla.
The Oklahoma Allergy and Asthma Clinic is warning allergy suffers ceder pollen is very high right now.
They said the alert is because of an “extreme exposure situation.”
Allergists said severe symptoms can be expected in pollen-sensitive individuals.
Seriously allergic people are advised to stay inside.
They said this is especially true if a person has pollen sensitivity or allergic bronchial asthma.
Health officials said the best way to combat these allergens is to stay in filtered air.
OAAC’s board-certified allergists recommend avoiding allergy triggers is the best way to reduce symptoms.
These triggers include:
- Limit outdoor activities during days with high pollen counts.
- Keep windows closed (at home or in the car) to keep pollen out.
- Take a shower after coming indoors. Otherwise, pollen in your hair may bother you all night.
- Leave shoes outside or just inside the door so that you don’t track pollen inside your home.
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- UPDATE: Woman turns self in for stealing toys from baby's grave after caught on tape
- Expect a warm windy Friday; potential severe weather coming this weekend
- Police: 83-year-old 'Ganja Granny' arrested for pot peddling near school