Suspected copper thieves lead police on chase
MIDWEST CITY — A suspicious vehicle leads to a wild overnight chase and suspected copper thieves. That chase has landed one man is in jail. However two others are still on the loose this morning.
It was the suspect’s actions that gave them away. It all started around 3:00 am in Midwest City. That’s when police spotted a suspicious truck parked near a local business.
When officers approached that truck three suspects jumped in and took off. They led Midwest City police on a chase eastbound on I-240. That’s when Oklahoma City Police joined in the chase.
Oklahoma City officers were able to use spike strips on the vehicle near where I-240 and I-40 meet. The truck hit the strips and swerved off the roadway, crashing into a fence about a mile from the I-40 / Choctaw Road exit.
The suspects abandoned the vehicle and ran from police. The driver was caught and taken into custody.
The other two are still on the loose this morning. Air One and police dogs were in the area trying to locate the two suspects.
Once police investigated the getaway vehicle a little further they found evidence that suggests the suspects were stealing copper.
When they ran the tag, the truck also came back stolen.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger