OKC welcomes new firefighters to the force
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma City welcomed 28 new firefighters to the force Friday afternoon.
The ceremony at Devon Tower celebrates the end of the recruits’ 15 weeks of training.
They will spend several months rotating through different fire stations to receive more on-the-job training.
After a year they are assigned to a more permanent position.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him