Tinker retiring four aircraft
TINKER AIR FORCE BASE, Okla. – A piece of military history and a staple at Tinker Air Force Base is being retired; the kc-135 Strais an air refueling plane.
The number of planes in use at Tinker will be reduced by four.
That will leave eight kc-135s operating out of Tinker.
It’s all part of the National Defense Authorization Act, a federal order to reduce military spending.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him