Air Force band performs tunes for troops
OKLAHOMA CITY—Music is good for the soul and the Air Force Academy Band made a special visit to bring a little healing to some of our state’s veterans.
The members of “Steel Blue” are on a tour of the Sooner State.
Saturday, the group performed a concert for some Oklahoma veterans at the VA Medical Center.
The five piece band played classic rock tunes, everything from Aerosmith to Alicia Keys.
The band travels across the United States to provide a bit of musical relief to veterans.
TSgt. Julia Bradley, USAF Academy Band, said, “They are our heroes. We want to make sure they realize how much we appreciate them. We stand on their shoulders and we want to thank them.”
SRA Colin Trousedell, USAF Academy Band, said, “We appreciate what they’ve done for laying the ground for us and then we get to come in and play for them and they really appreciate it.”
“Blue Steel” will perform the National Anthem at this weekend’s PBR events.
They will also be playing at the UCO Jazz Lab Monday night.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'