California doctor shot, killed in his office
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. – A doctor was shot and killed in his office in Southern California Monday, according to the LA Times.
Newport Beach police spokeswoman Kathy Lowe said police responded to reports of six or seven shots fired inside a medical office near Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach.
When officers got there, they found the doctor, 52-year-old Ronald Franklin Gilbert, dead with multiple gunshots to the chest in a patient examination room.
The LA Times said officers found the suspect in the same room and arrested him, according to a police report.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger