California doctor shot, killed in his office
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. – A doctor was shot and killed in his office in Southern California Monday, according to the LA Times.
Newport Beach police spokeswoman Kathy Lowe said police responded to reports of six or seven shots fired inside a medical office near Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach.
When officers got there, they found the doctor, 52-year-old Ronald Franklin Gilbert, dead with multiple gunshots to the chest in a patient examination room.
The LA Times said officers found the suspect in the same room and arrested him, according to a police report.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him