Hospital gives soldier double arm transplant
BALTIMORE – Doctors at Johns Hopkins hospital in Baltimore have accomplished a major feat; a double arm transplant on a soldier who lost both arms and both legs in Iraq.
Medical advances aside, it’s the patient’s upbeat attitude that may have been the key to the surgery’s success.
All of the surgeons and nurses volunteered their services.
The cost of the operation was covered by the Johns Hopkins hospital and the Department of Defense.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'