Chesapeake stock up after announcement
Wall Street responded positively to the announcement that Chesapeake’s founder and CEO, Aubrey McClendon is leaving the company he co-founded.
Chesapeake stock ended the day almost 6 percent higher at $20.11 a share.
As one analyst said, Aubrey McClendon was the “face of the U.S. natural gas boom.”
When those gas prices plummeted, McClendon’s style of mixing personal finances with the corporation attracted negative attention from regulators and shareholders.
Energy reporter for the Journal Record, Sarah Terry-Cobo, talked with us about McClendon’s impact and future.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse