ER Patient Steals Ambulance
BOAZ, AL — Police in Boaz, Alabama say a man injured in a wreck stole an ambulance after being transported to the emergency room. The initial wreck happened Friday in Sardis. Investigators say the man, 24-year-old Matthew Todd of Boaz, was intoxicated at the time of the crash.
Authorities said Todd convinced the staff to go outside for a smoke break but ditched the cigarette and just made a break for it in an ambulance that was already running.
“He got the ambulance stuck at the end of Bernard Street and after that, he entered a barn and a connected pasture and tried to saddle two horses,” said Boaz Police Chief Todd Adams.
When that failed, he stole an SUV and crashed and totaled it. He found a second vehicle, stole it and drove home.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse