“Pizza 4 Patriots” helps soldiers celebrate Super Bowl
CHICAGO—Football fans across the country are gearing up for Sunday’s matchup between the Ravens and the 49ers, but a non-profit group is making sure fans abroad can enjoy in the festivities too.
“Pizza 4 Patriots” sent 21,000 Chicago-style pizzas to U.S. troops serving in Kuwait and Afghanistan.
The deep-dish, ready to bake pizzas will be delivered before Sunday’s Super Bowl game and organizers say there is enough food to feed every American soldier stationed in Afghanistan and Kuwait.
Once in the Middle East, the shipment will be distributed to Camp Bastion, Bagram Airbase, Kandahar, Camp Arifjan among other bases.
Since 2008, “Pizzas 4 Patriots” has provided more than 122,000 pizzas to service members serving overseas.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger