Oklahoma City to election new councilmen
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma City residents will head to the polls March 5 to elect council representation for Wards 1 and 7.
Ward 3 Councilman Larry McAtee and Ward 4 Councilman Pete White drew no opponents.
A general election will be held on April 2 if no candidate in Wards 1 or 7 receive a majority of the vote.
The following candidates have filed with the Oklahoma County Election Board and the City Clerk’s Office:
- James Greiner
- Gary Marrs (incumbent)
- Carolyn Sims
- John Bilbury III
- Lillie Buckner
- Randon Gibson
- Ronald “Skip” Kelly (incumbent)
- John Pettis, Jr.
- Ben Robinson
- Star Young
Council members serve four-year terms with an annual salary of $12,000.
The qualifications for City Council are:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be a three-year resident of Oklahoma City
- Must be a six-month resident of the ward filing in
- Must be a qualified voter in Oklahoma City
Contact the Oklahoma County Election Board at (405) 713-1515 for more information