Coweta student commits suicide in school bathroom
COWETA, Okla.—Two schools were placed on lockdown after reports of a shooting at Coweta Intermediate High School Monday morning.
Police were called to the school after receiving reports that a freshman committed suicide inside the boy’s bathroom during morning announcements.
During a news conference, Coweta Public Schools Superintendent Jeff Holmes said the victim was a “very fine young man.”
There is some speculation that bullying could have played a part in the suicide.
However, during the news conference, police officials said they had not received information on whether he was bullied or not.
School officials said they would cooperate with the police investigation and would be available for students and staff members to get through the tragedy.
Superintendent Holmes said, “We’re a small community. We’ll get through it together.”
At this time, police said the investigation is ongoing.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse