Democrats say Gov. ‘only cares about wealthy’ in State of the State
OKLAHOMA CITY – Democrats across the state are responding to Gov. Mary Fallin’s State of the State address by saying that she only cares about the wealthiest Oklahomans.
The Oklahoma Democratic Party released a statement, citing the governor’s rejection of Medicaid expansion.
They claim the program would have helped 600,000 Oklahomans and was already paid for with federal tax dollars.
Instead, Gov. Fallin said the cost was too great.
The party claims she reminded everyone of the A-F grading system but neglected to comment on a strategy to keep schools safe.
In today’s address, Gov. Fallin announced that she plans to lower the tax rate for the highest income Oklahomans from 5.25 percent to 5.0 percent.
In the release, it goes on to say, “And her intention to further decrease state revenue by returning thousands of dollars to our wealthiest citizens can only result in Oklahoma’s continued decline.”
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger