French oil tanker hijacked by pirates
PARIS—A French-owned oil tanker has been hijacked at sea by a crew of pirates.
The ship, along with its 17 crew members, was reported missing Sunday.
The owner of the vessel says the safety of the workers is the main priority at this time.
Authorities say the number of attacks by pirates in the Gulf of Guinea is increasing.
Early Monday, pirates shot and killed a sailor on another oil tanker.
The number of attacks in the Gulf of Guinea has increased substantially over the last year.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse