French oil tanker hijacked by pirates
PARIS—A French-owned oil tanker has been hijacked at sea by a crew of pirates.
The ship, along with its 17 crew members, was reported missing Sunday.
The owner of the vessel says the safety of the workers is the main priority at this time.
Authorities say the number of attacks by pirates in the Gulf of Guinea is increasing.
Early Monday, pirates shot and killed a sailor on another oil tanker.
The number of attacks in the Gulf of Guinea has increased substantially over the last year.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online