Two in critical hospital after hit by sleepy driver
CADDO COUNTY, Okla. – A 90-year old woman is in critical condition after a sleepy driver hit the car in which she was riding in Caddo County.
Authorities said a 41-year-old man was headed westbound on I-40 when he fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into the car in front of him, occupied by a 73-year-old driver and her 90-year-old passenger.
That second car then crashed into an exit sign and ran through a fence before coming to rest in a field.
Both the driver and the passenger were air-lifted to the hospital.
The passenger remains in critical condition while the driver is listed in stable condition.
As for the sleepy driver, he was not injured.
Haley O’Hara contributed to this story.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger