4 ways to keep the love alive
We are talking about the four simple love rules found in happy marriages.
Many of these things are so simple to do, it may astound you.
Marriage therapist Dr. Melissa Rich from Christian Counseling Associates shared some of her insight.
1.The newness factor in relationships. The happiness boost lasts only about two years. You have to work on changing things up after that.
2. We are attracted to novelty but we gravitate toward routines. Why does this simple fact make marriage so hard?
3. Romance can be rediscovered by radically changing “date night.” Instead of dinner and movie, try ballroom dancing or a cooking class. Novelty is a powerful aphrodisiac.
4. The positive effect of a positive comment. A flourishing relationship needs three times as many positive emotions as negative ones.
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car