Nursing home resident shoots director
STANWOOD, Wash.—A resident of a retirement home is in custody after police say he shot the director of the center.
Authorities say an 86-year-old resident shot the 59-year-old director in the stomach.
The director was rushed to an area hospital in stable condition.
Officials have not released a motive for the shooting but say the resident will likely be charged with first-degree assault.
Investigators say residents at the retirement home are not allowed to have firearms and they are unsure how the man got his hands on a gun.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger