Diets rich in southern-style foods increase stroke risk
A diet rich in southern-style foods increases the risk of a stroke, according to researchers at the University of Alabama.
Doctors found southerners are 20 percent more likely to have a stroke than those living in other areas of the country and that yummy southern food seems to be to blame.
Researchers compared the eating habits of over 20,000 adults and found stroke frequency was directly linked to the amount of fried, high fat, high sodium southern foods participants consumed.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse