Students put to test in ‘shakeout’ drill
MIDWEST CITY, Okla. – Oklahoma is no stranger to severe weather and natural disasters.
Thursday students nationwide took part in a “shakeout” drill, including those in the Sooner State.
Cleveland Bailey Elementary in the Mid-Del school district was one of 120 Oklahoma schools teaching our children how to react when the ground begins to shake.
We’re told the kids received high marks in their earthquake readiness.
Nine states participated in the shakeout drill totaling nearly 2 million people.
Organizers said 60,000 of them were in Oklahoma.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring