Cigarette to blame for early morning fire
OKLAHOMA CITY—Firefighters say a cigarette is to blame for an early morning house fire on the city’s southwest side Tuesday.
Fire crews rushed to a home in the 2600 block of S.W. 38th St. just after 3 a.m.
When they arrived, flames were shooting from a downstairs window of the home.
Officials say one man was inside at the time the blaze began.
Firefighters believe the fire may have sparked after the man fell asleep with a lit cigarette.
The resident told authorities when he woke up, the house was full of smoke.
Fortunately, no one was injured in the fire.
Authorities estimate the damage at around $15,000.
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Doll with 'real' body proportions gains support, crowd funded in just 24 hours