El Reno thankful for rain, snow
EL RENO, Okla. – The forecast was for rain early in the morning then snow shortly after and that’s exactly what happened Tuesday in El Reno.
Kathy Higgens said, “The snow is absolutely beautiful.”
Gigantic snowflakes blanket downtown El Reno making you forget that the temperature was 62 degrees 48 hours ago.
The high moisture content of the flakes made it hard for them to stick to the pavement but that was short-lived.
For several hours moderate and heavy snow bands dumped several inches of the white stuff.
Higgens said, “The moisture is wonderful and we’ll take it any way we can get it.”
Folks we talked too didn’t mind some of the travel headaches; some were even looking forward to their commute home.
Jay Emory said, “I know there is a big parking lot next door. I may have to go do a doughnut.”
Highway officials are urging motorists to stay where they are and not to take a chance on the slick roadways.
More on the El Reno snow from meteorologist Chase Thomason:
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger