Okarche residents say snow was answer to prayers
OKARCHE, Okla. – Snow blankets Okarche from the fields to the highway.
It’s beautiful but dangerous.
Flakes fell so thick before noon visibility for drivers was less than a mile.
Cars and trucks were slow moving.
Closer to town salt trucks carved a path, melting the snow, making the drive safer.
Snow was piling up but it turns to slush on the roads.
The worry is that slush will freeze overnight causing even more dangerous driving conditions.
Despite the conditions, the sheet of white is a welcomed sight to farmers.
Others gladly battled the slick snow for the same reason saying the moisture is a blessing.
A sheet of falling flakes they said they hope will stick around.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'