Two arrested for murder of Chicago teen
CHICAGO, Ill.—Two men are being charged in the murder of a Chicago honors student who performed at President Obama’s inaugural celebrations.
Authorities arrested 18-year-old Micheail Ward and 20-year-old Kenneth Williams late Saturday, just hours after the funeral for 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton.
The girl was shot and killed last month while seeking shelter from a thunderstorm in a Chicago park.
Police say her death was a case of mistaken identity.
Ward and Williams are both charged with murder, attempted murder and aggravated battery.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger