UPDATE: Man shot to death, body found in burned home
NORMAN, Okla. – Norman Police have just released that the man found in the Norman burned out home was shot to death.
Now they are asking for the public’s help.
Crews responded to flames on Villa Dr. Wednesday morning and in the burned home they found the body of 51-year-old Patrick Burton, who died from a gunshot wound.
They said a few incidents in this case have led them to believe his death is suspicious.
Officials found him shot to death in a burned out Norman home and now his vehicle is no where to be found after his death.
Thursday they discovered Burton’s truck was missing, a 2004 extended cab Chevrolet with the tag 088 AXI.
Officers dusted a car in the driveway for fingerprints and evidence markers were placed in the backyard near a shed.
Neighbors said an elderly woman lived in the home with her son.
Investigators haven’t released the cause of the fire but believes it may have started in one of the bedrooms.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns