Group waging war on sugar
A consumer watchdog group is waging war on sugar.
They are asking the Food and Drug Administration to address the issue of sugars in sodas and other drinks.
The Center for Science in the Public Interest filed a petition with the FDA Wednesday signed by dozens of doctors and nutrition experts.
The group wants the FDA to determine a safe limit for added sugar in drinks.
Table sugar, honey, dextrose and high-fructose corn syrup are all forms of added sweeteners.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online