Voters say yes to change in school districts
There wasn’t a huge turn-out but enough voters went to the polls to make dramatic changes in several school districts Tuesday.
The Oklahoma City Public School Board has a new chairman; Lynne Hardin will replace Angela Monson after winning with a margin of just 169 votes.
New school facilities or technology upgrades were approved in Edmond, Putnam City, Moore and Western Heights after voters said yes to bond proposals.
Also, the Dustin and Graham school districts will be consolidated.
New Oklahoma City Public School Board Chairman Lynne Hardin joined us to talk about her win and the huge job ahead on so many fronts for OKC public schools.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him