28 pounds of marijuana found during traffic stop
EL RENO, Okla.—Police in Canadian County made a big arrest after a Pennsylvania man made a small mistake on an Oklahoma roadway.
Officials say 21-year-old Casey Sharp Ward was pulled over Feb. 15 for failing to signal while making a lane change near Banner Rd.
While deputies thought it was a simple traffic stop, they soon realized it was a lot more than that.
A K9 officer was called to the scene and alerted officers to drugs hidden inside the trunk.
Authorities soon discovered 28 pounds of marijuana inside suitcases.
Ward was arrested on charges of trafficking marijuana, conspiracy to commit a felony and concealing drug proceeds.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger