4 Things to know before doing your taxes
Doing your taxes is never an easy undertaking and this year could turn out to be even more taxing.
We all remember the last-minute haggling in Washington as lawmakers tried to reach a deal before the U.S. plummeted over the so-called “fiscal cliff.”
Since then taxpayers have been left navigating through the changes.
CPA and personal financial specialist Randy Cloud helped us crack the tax code because frankly, it’s confusing.
He said the first thing everyone should know is to get new forms; the ones you used last year are not good anymore.
Cloud also said everyone should be aware of changes in Social Security tax, personal and dependent claims, taxable wage increases and tax rate changes.
But the deadline hasn’t changed; your taxes are still due April 15.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom