4 Seniors: Saving on utility costs
Has your heater been working overtime this week with the colder temperatures?
Containing utility bill costs is a key issue for everyone but especially for seniors on fixed incomes.
Energy efficiency expert and AARP volunteer Johnathan Majid gave us a few ways to help seniors manage the cost.
- Insulate you home with weather strips around doors and windows
- Open south-facing blinds and curtains to let in the sun
- If your windows are drafty, cover them with blankets on coldest days
- Insulate your hot water heater
- Keep air filters clean
- Use dishwasher and clothes dryer during non-peak hours
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Doll with 'real' body proportions gains support, crowd funded in just 24 hours