Flights canceled, delayed for predicted snow storm
OKLAHOMA CITY– While the winter storm continues to move across the state, Will Rogers World Airport is alerting travelers that it is open with most flights operating on schedule or with minimal delays.
As of 5 p.m., officials with the airport say the rest of the day’s departures will operate as scheduled.
However, some arrivals later this evening will be impacted.
Delta Airlines has cancelled its last four arriving flights Monday night, along with American Airlines, which cancelled all afternoon and evening flights.
As a result of those cancellations, three Delta and five American flights will be cancelled Tuesday morning.
In all, 23 flights have been cancelled through Tuesday morning.
American Airlines announced that it is waiving change fees to rebook to another day.
The airport urges anyone traveling to or from WRWA to check flight status prior to coming to the airport.
Airport maintenance crews are ready to clear runways and taxiways and make every effort to keep the airport operational.
Additional airport and parking staff stand ready to clear sidewalks, roads in front of the terminal and parking lanes.
Check more information at flyokc.com
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse