Memorial services scheduled for crash victims
YUKON,Okla.—Family and friends will be remembering the lives of two Eagle Med crew members who lost their lives while trying to respond to an emergency.
The helicopter had just taken off from Baptist Hospital and was headed to Watonga on a call.
However, it went down just a few miles from the hospital in the parking lot of a retirement center near Britton and Council.
Chris Denning, a flight nurse, and the pilot, Mark Montgomery, were killed in the crash.
A memorial service is scheduled for Denning on Friday, March 1 at 2:30 p.m. at LifeChurch in Yukon.
We’re told his family has asked for a private burial ceremony to be held.
Montgomery’s memorial service will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Friday at St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church in Norman.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger