Bronze Star recipient promoted to Brigadier General
OKLAHOMA CITY—It was a big day for an Oklahoma Army National Guardsman who moved up the ranks.
Percy “Sonny” Hurtado was promoted to the rank of Brigadier General during a ceremony at the guard’s regional training institute Friday.
General Hurtado began his military career 30 years ago as a 2nd Lieutenant.
Despite many awards and decorations, including the Bronze Star medal, Hurtado says he never expected to become a General.
Brig. Gen. Percy Hurtado said, “I don’t think anyone starts their career out thinking they are going to be a General.”
Hurtado will be the deputy commander for police development and will work closely with the Ministry of the Interior.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom