Bronze Star recipient promoted to Brigadier General
OKLAHOMA CITY—It was a big day for an Oklahoma Army National Guardsman who moved up the ranks.
Percy “Sonny” Hurtado was promoted to the rank of Brigadier General during a ceremony at the guard’s regional training institute Friday.
General Hurtado began his military career 30 years ago as a 2nd Lieutenant.
Despite many awards and decorations, including the Bronze Star medal, Hurtado says he never expected to become a General.
Brig. Gen. Percy Hurtado said, “I don’t think anyone starts their career out thinking they are going to be a General.”
Hurtado will be the deputy commander for police development and will work closely with the Ministry of the Interior.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse