Students participate in health care career day
OKLAHOMA CITY—It is no secret that some of the best jobs these days are in the medical field and will be for years to come.
Friday, about 600 students attended Mercy’s 11th annual Health Care Career Exploration Day.
They were able to receive hands-on experience doing “mock resuscitation” drills and other activities.
For many students, it was shocking to see how careers in medicine vary.
In all, there were 10 high schools participating in the event, including those from Oklahoma City, Edmond, Yukon and Deer Creek.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring