Students participate in health care career day
OKLAHOMA CITY—It is no secret that some of the best jobs these days are in the medical field and will be for years to come.
Friday, about 600 students attended Mercy’s 11th annual Health Care Career Exploration Day.
They were able to receive hands-on experience doing “mock resuscitation” drills and other activities.
For many students, it was shocking to see how careers in medicine vary.
In all, there were 10 high schools participating in the event, including those from Oklahoma City, Edmond, Yukon and Deer Creek.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger