Police find body in burning car
OKLAHOMA CITY — Police responded to a call of a traffic accident to find car on fire with a body inside.
Fire responders arrived at the scene around 6:30 a.m. Saturday to put out the blaze when a police officer noticed what appeared to be a body inside. Police are treating the incident as a “suspicious fire.”
Authorities from the Oklahoma City Police Department say the victim suffered injuries that are consistent with a homicide.
A witness recognized the car, a purple Volkswagen. “I had seen the car parked there from time to time,” he said. “There wasn’t anything around the car for it to have hit.”
At this time, police have no suspect information.
The medical examiner’s office will determine the victim’s exact cause of death.
If you have any information on the crime, call the Homicide Tip Line at (405) 297-1200.
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- UPDATE: Colorado high school shooting suspect, a male student, found dead inside school
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors