Bomb squad responds to Shawnee gas station
SHAWNEE – Shawnee Police requested the assistance of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol Bomb Squad on Sunday evening.
Shawnee police and fire were called out to the Sinclair gas station near the intersection of Harrison and MacArthur.
Police were called after a woman said she had given a ride to a man. After dropping him off, she realized he left what looked like an improvised explosive device. It was described as a cylinder wrapped in black duct tape.
The remote robot from OHP’s bomb squad was deployed. The device will be taken to the Shawnee firing range to be detonated and determine what exactly is inside.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns