CDC calling new bacteria dangerous, deadly ‘nightmare’
Doctors and nurses are being warned about dangerous bacteria that’s been found in hospitals and nursing homes.
The Centers for Disease Control are calling the CRE bacteria a nightmare.
Officials said it has the capability of killing half of the patients who get it and is resistant to even the strongest antibiotics.
While it is uncommon, it could become even more dangerous if it keeps spreading.
Experts said hospitals should take precautions now to stop the bacteria in its tracks.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger