Homeland Security tight-lipped about El Reno investigation
EL RENO, Okla. – Federal authorities and local law enforcement served several search warrants Wednesday night.
The Canadian County Sheriff’s Office said the warrants were served simultaneously at multiple locations including several businesses.
A command post was setup outside the VFW in El Reno.
Authorities said they cannot release any information about the nature of the operation.
“This warrant sweep is the result of a very lengthy investigation into criminal activity occurring in Canadian County and I’m hopeful that our efforts will result in bringing the individuals involved to justice,” Randall Edwards said, Canadian County Sheriff.
News Channel 4 saw several officials remove what appeared to be a slot machine from a downtown business.
It’s unclear if the investigation involves illegal gambling.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom