Big House draws big crowds for tournament
OKLAHOMA CITY – Thousands of fans are gathered at the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds for the state basketball tournament.
Ernest Edwards, a Roland Rangers fan, said,“We would like to take that gold ball home.”
Lyden McDonald is a boy with big dreams who said he hopes to play basketball in the Big House someday.
He and his team, the Roland Rangers, traveled about three hours to get to this year’s tournament.
When asked about the arena, he said, “It’s big!”
Fans can tell you the tournament is always exciting but said it’s how everyone comes together that really makes it special.
Jake Beaver said, “This’ll be the first time we’ve ever been down here.”
His wife said, “It’s been really fun; it’s been a nice getaway.”
For many fans, it’s not all about winning.
Although, they said that would make the experience even sweeter.
“We come every year now whether our team makes it or not,” Edwards said. “It’s a great atmosphere.”
The tournament gives small towns across the state a reason to gather under one roof.
Beaver said, “That’s the best thing about it, hometown atmosphere.”
Tyrone Lott said, “It’s good for the state to bring all the classes together and play the game of basketball.”
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich