Police release identity of deputy involved in hoax
GUTHRIE, Okla.—Officials in Logan County have released the identity of a former reserve deputy who is accused of making up a bizarre story about an intruder breaking into his home.
Monday, 32-year-old Adam Striegel said he’d been stabbed by a man he found inside his home.
The former reserve deputy allegedly fired one shot at the intruder as the man ran from the home.
The call prompted a lock-down of Guthrie schools in the area and a manhunt involving numerous law enforcement agencies.
Authorities later determined it was all a hoax.
It will now be up to the Logan County District Attorney to decide whether or not to file charges.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him