Americans killed, wounded during insurgent attack
KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN)—Initial reports say at least 10 Americans have been wounded in an attack in Afghanistan’s Wardak province.
Officials say a man wearing an Afghan National Security Forces uniform opened fire on several NATO and Afghan service members.
We’re told at least 10 Americans were wounded and two U.S. service members were killed during the attack.
On Friday, a coalition contractor was killed when people wearing Afghan uniforms turned their weapons against ISAF members.
Officials say training for hundreds of Afghan soldiers was stopped last year until background checks could be completed for all applicants.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him