Jesus House seeking food donations for Easter event
OKLAHOMA CITY– A local outreach center is seeking food donations for Easter meals later this month.
Jesus House of Oklahoma City will be accepting donations of hams, turkeys and non-perishable side items to be given to low-income families so they can prepare their own Easter dinners.
Officials say stuffing, instant mashed potatoes and gravy are items that are most needed this year.
Donations may be dropped off at the Jesus House receiving desk, located at 1335 W. Sheridan Ave.
The Easter Food Basket distribution event is scheduled for March 29 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger