UPDATE: Powder in package at U.S. attorney’s office not anthrax
OKLAHOMA CITY – Officials have confirmed the suspicious package found with a white powdery substance at the U.S. Attorney’s Office downtown did not contain anthrax.
Thursday afternoon Hazardous materials, the FBI and the Secret Service investigated the reported threat in the Oklahoma Tower near Main St. and Hudson.
They asked workers to stay in their offices during the investigation.
Authorities are now working to confirm who sent the package.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him