Plane crash claims two lives; one is former OU great Steve Davis
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The St. Joseph County’s coroner’s office has confirmed one of those killed in the plane crash near the South Bend Indiana Regional Airport Sunday afternoon was a well-known OU football player.
Steve Davis, 60, was on the plane that went down, hitting three homes.
Davis was killed along with 58-year-old Wesley Caves of Tulsa, Okla.
Davis played quarterback for the Oklahoma Sooners from 1973 to 1975, the first three years of the Barry Switzer coaching era.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger