White House Easter Bunny on notice, budget concerns
WASHINGTON – First the White House tours, now the Easter Bunny could be axed because of lack of government funding.
A White House official told CNN that they have alerted all Easter egg roll ticket holders that “the event is subject to cancelation due to funding uncertainty, including the possibility of a government shutdown.”
Whitehouse.gov still has the event listed for April 1.
A partial government shutdown would occur if congress fails to extend funding authorization by the March 27 deadline.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him