Norman repairs begin, allow more time for commute
NORMAN, Okla. – Get ready for another round of traffic tie ups in Norman.
Starting Thursday at 7 a.m., the Oklahoma Department of Transportation will close the eastbound outside lane on the Main Street Bridge over I-35.
It’s all part of the Main St. exit construction project.
Traffic has increased so much over the bridge with the exits being closed that potholes have formed.
Crews said they plan to have the lanes closed just for one day, to make repairs.
Last week, the Lindsey Street Bridge was closed for similar repairs.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online